RE: INRUSH SURGE SUPRESION

Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>

Mike, a "soft start" might not be a bad idea, I have that problem with
my small variac for 20A120V. When I first plug it in with almost no load
(1 to 2 amp) it will pop the 20 breaker half the time.

Rich from the middle of Missouri

 Subject: INRUSH SURGE SUPRESION

Original poster: "MIKE HARDY" <MHARDY@xxxxxxxxxx>

I was wondering how important initial inrush suppresion is with a
large variac? That is a large power resistor, shorted by contacts on
a contactor shortly after power-up. I'm designing /building my
controller for mu big TC. The variac is 3 , 30A/520V staco's in
parallel.