Re: Hertz was: Re: Breakdown voltage at submillimeter distances?

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>

During the experimentation that led me to the final design, it occurred to me, that Mr. Hertz probably was working in rooms that were only lit by candles or the like, because the spark is only visible in low intensity light.
http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/hz7.jpg
An experimenter working in a modern, well lit lab would probably overlook the arc in the receiving circuit.

Nice construction.
I have seen some experiments like this, but what I never see is one showing
that the same experiment works with several wavelengths of distance
between the transmitter and the receiver. Of course with a tiny spark at
the receiver.
The other similar classical experiment, of a Leyden jar discharging trough
a loop of wire, with another similar circuit used as receiver, works well
too (I have tried). At short distance at least.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz