Re: Secondary Question

Hi Rich,

Most people use magnet wire for their secondaries and choose the gauge give the desired number of turns within the allocated space. Since you already have your wire and if you want to use it, you will have to decide what to compromise. Some choices are:

a) increase the diameter to 14 inches (probably too big for your power level
b) use less than 1400 turns to fit what ever height you decide upon (probably between 45 and 70 inches) c) go with a non standard aspect ratio 9x70 (increase the impedance of your resonator)
d) choose an appropriate gauged magnet wire.

Almost anything will work. Barring choice d), I would probably use choice b) and a 54 inch wiring height. This would give you 1080 turns. Please keep in mind that being exact on a 4.5:1 aspect ratio and 1400 turns is not that critical. Things will perform well over a broad range.

Gerry R.

Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: RE: Secondary Question

Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>

Thank you for the reply Gerry and Scot, now I am going slow with this
because I read where the Cp for my transformer was 30nf and I thought I
should make it 30 , now you say 49nf. I planed on a order of 52 caps , I
can get a few more and run 4 strings and get close to 49.
Wire , yes I have a large wooden spool of the silver plated stranded
wire. With 1400 turns per you note and my wire .05 with insulation that
gives me 9"dis x 70" tall. Won't that get out of the normal proportions?