Re: 3/4 wave coil? + + + Ball lightning

Original poster: Mark Barlow <barlow_tesla_lst@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello Chris,

I have excited one of my coils at 3/4 wave and got racing arcs over the top 3rd of the coil, so that is one thing you might observe. However I believe that this ball lightning experiment that requires two coils might use a 3/4 wave design : one at coil at a 1/4 wave and the other "exciting coil" operates at the 3/4 wave frequency. Check it out! <http://home.dmv.com/~tbastian/ball.htm>http://home.dmv.com/~tbastian/ball.htm

Good Luck
Mark Barlow

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: "C. Sibley"

Interesting concept, but I imagine that you would get
breakout from the secondary coil where the first
voltage node occurs, and not just from the top...