RE: Puny transformer, will it work?

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

Many, including myself, have gotten very satisfactory results from
4kV/20mA NST's. I've seen up to 14" sparks from mine, albeit with much
effort and NST de-shunting.  I'm sure a 3/20 unit will be fine for a
science fair project.  Just use a single cylinder gap, maybe .040" wide.
I wonder just how low a voltage is feasible?

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA