Phase shifter update.

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Folks.

Recently I came up with some phaseshifter
related problems, now I found the time to
try out yur ideas.

By increasing the cap size to 95.5µF I was
able to solve the "Motor stops at higher
inductance setting" problem. Now I get
a 4V voltage rise, but to the ends of the variac,
which could possibly be better desribed as a
voltage drop... but with 99µF I alredy get
over 10V of voltage rise. My steps in capatitance
are limited by the caps that I currently have.
However, there seems to be some phase shifting,
mybe not too big tough.
I am not sure if I got that one right: When I add
inductance, will this cause the phase of the motor
to lag or to lead in respect to the case, where
no or less inductance is added by the variac?
I assumed it was "adding inductance leads to
later phasing of the gap, but maybe someone
knows better.

best regards & thanks for you advice.

Christoph Bohr