Re: Dwell time, etc

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx In a message dated 4/2/06 8:40:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Gerry,

You're welcome.
STR is more likely to cause re-ignition but usually doesn't.  The main
reason for running STR coils at high rpm is to get enough
power throughput through the system in order to get long sparks.
Most coils are pretty tolerant of a wide range of parameters but
at some point re-ignition problems will occur, if one goes too far in the
wrong direction with one or more parameters.

John

Ah!  Thankyou.  This wasn't clear to me.  Seems like a larger cap
would be in order :-))  I guess for STR operation, this would be a
problem and may be why asyc rotors are oftem run at high RPM.

Gerry R