Re: Noob question

At 12:22 PM 9/26/2005, you wrote:
Original poster: Jim Fraley <trib35man@xxxxxxxxx>

Maybe Dr. Tesla was a nut? A drooling psychopath. But he went on from
the point of making claims about aetheric energy, to invent many more
things, which could hardly have been the product of a deranged mind. The
disk turbine, for example, that is just now starting to get a little
recognition and use (though mostly as a pump).

I think the order of invention was reversed. Polyphase motors, turbines, etc., first, then worldwide transmission of energy later. I might be wrong.

Hardly a nut (at least not any more so than lots of other folks). Certainly not a psychopath.
Deranged is a strong word to use. As to motivations and what Tesla "really though", it's really hard to tell, from what little information actually remains.

One can't really look to things like patents: a) you never disclose EVERYTHING in the patent; b) It's perfectly possible to get patents on things that are impossible or impractical or just plain ridiculous.

One can't look to sales brochures or public lectures because of the element of "showmanship". They omit important things and may emphasize other things, not to mention the plain old "puffery".

real. One by one, empirically, I am going down the line until I either
find something that works, or prove to myself that my intuition was wrong.
Tesla, Bedini, Bearden, "Joe", Pantone, Newman, Meyer. I'm starting
with the simplest device first: The Tesla coil.

An excellent start.