Re: DRSSTC Additional questions

Original poster: boris petkovic <petkovic7@xxxxxxxxx>

----- > Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx> > > Wow, that is a new one! My coils are so very picky > that i must tune > within maybe 1/4 of a turn for optimal > performance... but i say > "optimal" as in, best spark length for peak primary > currents > (assuming driving time is constant). ----- Hi Steve,

Interesting points you made.
It reminds me of a power tuning issue in OLTC system
as well.Quite likely,the problem of tuning for optimal
spark performance of OLTCs might be even more
important than in DRSSTCs.
Assuming that usualy there are not many "turns" on the
primary side of a very low OLTC inductance,altering C1
values is probably the best way to go for optimum
performance.

Regards,
Boris