Re: New DRSSTC first light and a question

Hi Skip,

DigiKey sells nice little CTs right off the shelf:

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/CTshield.JPG

DK# 237-1097-ND $6.67
120A 10kHz to 200kHz
Saturation, current, frequency response... are all ready "all figured out" for you ;-)

These will easily do 200 amps peak. If you need more current, perhaps you can tap into the MMC cap for a lower current leg (the current thought say 1/4 of the MMC strings). Dan and some others i think used secondary feedback where the currents are far less.

I use a bit of grounded brass tubing for a RFI shield too.

Put the burden resistors way back at the electronics to reject noise:

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/CTwiringBad.gif

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/CTwiringGood.gif

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/schematics/CurrentMeasurement.gif

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/schematics/ProtectionCard-1.2.pdf

Be super sure to see this note...

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/notes/TerrysDRSSTCnoiseFIXES.pdf

Happy to see another joining the DRSSTC club :-)

Cheers,

        Terry