Re: 8 kHz Tesla Coil

"Original poster: "Mike" <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Would be interesting to hear the streamers whine at 8khz (or would
they?), but 101k+ turns? Just thinking about it makes me tired and
sore (forget how many times the wire will break). Also, would wire
that thin heat up at the bottom of the coil to the point of melting
because of the power needed for breakout of a toroid that big? Guess
it's not a problem if you don't want sparks.

Mike"

	Did you see the correction?  It ONLY takes about 10k turns, not 100k.
Ten times easier and onlyi 1/10 of the number of wire breaks.  I
actually wound a coil on a 1" form using #40 once.  Forget the details
now or why I did it.  By holding the form in my hand, feeding the wire
over the end of the spool, and being very very very careful I actually
got almost an inch of winding without breaking or obvious overlaps.
Took a long time. Whole proposition is silly, of course.  After looking
at this take a look at what the "home receiver" coils would have looked
like for Tesla's World Power Scheme if it had operated at 8 kHz, let
alone the 7 Hz some people imagine.

Ed