Re: Tesla Coil RF Transmitter

Original poster: stork <stork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Steve,

Steve Conner wrote:
 > So, if one takes a charged macroscopic body and
 > waves it
 > longitudnally back and forth a longitudinal time
 > variable electric
 > field is produced.
The body is charged and you're moving it. Technically
that counts as an electric current, so I expect it
would produce a magnetic field. And any power you
could convey to another object would be expressed by
the Poynting vector as usual.

I repeat, "In this electrostatic event energy is surely transferred without the benefit of a magnetic field or current. If you see it otherwise, please produce the experiment."

Please post your experimental data regarding electric current (amperes), magnetic field and Poynting vector for this electrostatic event. What are your S, E and H field probes? What are your S, E and H field orientations in regard to charge movement?

Remember that accelerated charges radiate both E and H
fields, according to EM theory, and I bet it doesn't
matter whether they are accelerated along a conductor,
or on a balloon waved at arm's length.

Does a negatively charged electron orbiting a single proton in a hydrogen atom continuously radiate E and H fields since it is constantly accelerating in its circular orbit? If so, where does the energy come from to power these continuous E and H fields?

According to your EM theory which of Maxwell's equations fit the above electrostatic experiment and explain the data?

If this is true, it means you can generate radio waves
by tossing a battery out of the window. :-)

Do you really think tossing a dipole battery with positive and negative poles and equal but opposite charges out a window can create a radio wave?

Steve Conner

Stork