Re: Tesla Coil RF Transmitter (long)

Original poster: William Beaty <billb@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Dan" <DUllfig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> By the way, in the US anything under 9kHz is not regulated by the
> FCC. I am wondering why not build coils in that range?

Or instead just rectify the output of a conventional TC using a big triode
tube, connect the DC HV to a tower that has lots of corona losses, then
turn the DC output on and off at 7Hz or other Schumann frequency using the
tube's grid.  When turned off, the HV on the tower would decay quickly to
zero.  You'd have an output voltage same as the peak voltage of a TC, but
sending out a 7Hz square wave riding on a DC average of half the TC peak
voltage.  To look for standing waves, just vary the output frequency while
monitoring the low freq current in the ground cable and see if there's any
major changes near the quoted Schumann frequencies.

(((((((((((((((((( ( ( ( ( (O) ) ) ) ) ))))))))))))))))))) William J. Beaty SCIENCE HOBBYIST website billb at amasci com http://amasci.com EE/programmer/sci-exhibits amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair Seattle, WA 206-789-0775 unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci