Re: electric strength for "x" cm of "y" material

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Steve.

> Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

> will work... its just hard to say unless of course you were to
> submerge it in oil.  Then we know there is no air between primary and
> secondary conductors.

i`ve divided the primary in 2 parts - one provides the coupling, the
other - tuning, separately and independently. so it`s possible to make
a hermetic container and fill it with the oil, but i don`t want to
deal with oil by now.

>  > it sure is
>  > difficult to keep the corona from forming, especially when the added
>  > dielectric makes the E-field greater outside of the dielectric!

> outside of the dielectric? how it possible? there`s an air and the
> conductors outside - why does the field increase outside?

> Well, say there is (just throwing out random numbers) 50kV between 2 [...] > forming. Please correct me if my theory/understanding is incorrect here.

like Steve Conner said - nothing wrong with you - it`s with me, again :o)))
the trouble is - i`ve never faced the electric fields in the
dielectric, but i`ve had deals with magnetic ones in ferromagnetics, so
i decided mechanically that the field in dielectric would increase :-]