Re: Richard Quick

Original poster: Esondrmn@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 9/6/05 8:11:52 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Ed,
Thanks for your reply. I have been going through the Tesla list
archives and had noticed several post between you and Richard. I have
also visited your website,very nice! Richard was evidently well
respected for his knowledge! Did he ever publish any of his work?
I have built several coils a few years ago and then got out of it
thinking I would not be interested again, but here I am gathering
parts and information for an new 6 inch coil. I am afraid that I have
jumped the gun and purchased a new 15Kv 60 ma. NST but it has a GFI
circuit. I have been trying to find out if I can even use it. So far
I have not been given a definitive answer. Would you know anything
about this or point me to someone who does? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks,
Brad McPeak

Brad,

Sorry, I don't have any first hand experience with GFI neon sign transformers. I have heard others say they don't work in Tesla coil operation. If you can take it back, I would. If not, and you are stuck with it, I would certainly try it.

Ed Sonderman