Re: Lightning Gun To Combat Terrorists - WHERE IS THE RETURN PATH???

Original poster: "GEORGE STEIN" <afa2fg@xxxxxxx>

Several years ago, while running my small 4 inch TC, one of those big, hard shelled black bugs flew close to the top terminal and was struck by a streamer. The sound of the streamer increased noticably and the bug went down. There was smoke or steam if'n I remember correctly. All the streamers were to air and not a "grounded" target.

George Stein

From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Lightning Gun To Combat Terrorists - WHERE IS THE RETURN
PATH???
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 15:26:18 -0600

"Original poster: "Mercurus2000" <mercurus2000@xxxxxxx>

If there is a return path when a tesla coil streamer strikes a object in
mid
air, connected to nothing, for the sake of argument, the only return
path
would be within the ionized air of the streamer itself or capacitively
thro
the air, correct?
Adam"

        The return path would be via the capacitance of the object to the
surroundings and then to the bottom of the TC.

Ed