Re: SIBNIIE

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Boris.

> Original poster: boris petkovic <petkovic7@xxxxxxxxx>

>  > my boss told he would kill me, but here`re the scans
>  > from that journal:
>  >
>  > http://storm.prohosting.com/desthv/sibniie/el_11/
>  >
> -----
> Thank you Dmitry.
> I  read russian very poorly but what I can understand
> from the articles is  that the famous spark exceeded
> 150 m point-to-point lenght with pulse amplitude
> V=4.8...5 MV,and appropriately shaped pulse lasting
> for Tp=20 ms or thereabout?

as far as _i_ understood it`s written the following here:

"erected" capacitance - 50nF, pulse rise time - 150 us, pulse duration
- 10 ms, pulse amplitude - 5MV. the spark stroke the phase wire,
distance from which till the marx is 70m in straight, the length of a
spark channel was 150m. charactersitics of the obtained spark were in
the lower limit of descending lightning leader [...] interleaving of
the stages was regularly seen, their number was up to 50. the length
of each stage was about 3.5m at 20us."

> And the third article shows that 200 m  gap can be
> closed by V=5.2 MV ?

yes, but:

"for maintaining of trajectory a "guide rail" was used - a metallic pipes
(approx. 10cm in length, spaced with 2-3m), secured at insulating
rope. this method was chosen according to the nature of the negative
discharge, it hasn`t changed qualitatively its phenomenology, and
characteristics of charge and speed."