SIBNIIE

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>Original poster: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman@xxxxxxxxxx>

>>"The world's longest man made spark - from Siberia
>>The 100 Meter (325 foot) Spark..."
>>it`s written in the book IN BLACK AND WHITE - "LONGER than 100m", NOT
>>the 100m! but i guess Bert Hickman even did not care to read the book!
>>:-\\\

>Unfortunately, the exact distance was not stated for the picture.

>Unfortunately, no specific energy or waveform parameters no any
>distances are quoted for the picture itself. Now, I could have
>"guessed" that hundreds of meters meant exactly 200 meters.

no - you can`t guess anything - you quote a text from a specified
source, so your "guesses" disconsider this source.
it`s easy - or you give info AS IS, or you don`t publish it at all -
you have no right to _change_ this information, otherwise you have no
right to quote B & R as the source - it`s NOT written _there_ :-\

i repeat - in my copy of the book it`s written in black and white -
"LONGER than 100m", not the 100m.
but you, guys, can`t read in the original, he he :-D

>I didn't try to speculate. Even a "little" 100 meter spark is hard to
>believe at first glance... and perhaps even more so by folks familiar
>with manmade spark discharges. I've gotten feedback from many folks
>who claim that a 100 meter manmade spark is simply impossible, so
>therefore the photo must somehow be a fake.

_if_ you doubt this info - why have you published it at your site? if
you have no doubt - why you had wrote it (above)?
nonsense :-)))

>I have not been successful in finding "Electricity" journal - is this
>published in Russian only? Any possibility of getting a copy of the
>article?

i know nothing about this journal & i`m not planning to find out
anything, as for the article - see my reply to Boris.

>Also, through your contact with A. Gaivoronsky, can you
>provide specific details (peak voltage, energy level, waveform
>parameters, and estimated discharge length) for this particular
>spark? Also, what are the details about even longer sparks? What was
>the longest spark that was ever produced at this facility?

i had no time to ask all this by phone, and i guess he had no time to
recall all the details of that events - it happened 17 years ago. i`ll
ask about it during our private meeting.

>I'd also be interested in discussing the above
>with either A. Gaivoronsky or A. Ovsyannikov (assuming they speak or
>write in English - I do not speak/read Russian).

you may try - here is Alexander`s telephone number & e-mail:

http://www.sibniie.ru/structure/hp213.htm

good luck ^___^