Re: Tesla Receiver Coil ..........success?

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

At 19:42 28/10/05 -0600, you wrote:

Is the 135.7-137.8 kHz sliver band available to hams in the UK?

Yes, subject to a limit of 1W ERP. They don't mention any limit to the RF output power, just the ERP.

BTW- You asked how to measure the RF power output of a SSTC easily. I just measure the DC bus voltage and current with moving coil meters and multiply them together, then multiply by about 0.8 to account for the efficiency.

For more accuracy I use a digital scope with voltage and current probes attached to the RF output, and multiply the two data series together in a spreadsheet.

Steve Conner http://www.scopeboy.com/