Re: thanks!

Original poster: "Michael Rowe" <lozinit@xxxxxxxxx>

Been looking at that site..  just one of many I've found searching through
the list archives. Thanks Rich!
Only problem is that every place I visit, all I see is the same old
statement - "using a ballast to limit current is the way to go. Here's how
to build the circuit..."   Nobody has any applied theories behind the
science that satisfy my curiosity.
Am I overlooking the obvious and not seeing that it's just being used as a
simple resistor? Is that all there is too it? See, I look at a coil of wire
and see a choke. Maybe I need to refresh myself on electrical theory, it has
been 15 - 20 years since I etched my last copper clad board.

Was thinking about the lossy saltwater caps and the plain vanilla static gap I have, and I think that will be a great place to upgrade and bring up to par. I think that's what makes this so much fun, one can start cheap and build up to the required level receiving satisfactory results along the way. Definitely hooked on coiling for life.

On a side note, is it a bad thing to view the first 4 inch coil you build
and start thinking "Wow, that thing is really small, I wonder what is the
biggest former I can wind and where can I store it?" LoL.

Too much cough medicine I've taken today, so I'll quit rambling for now and
get some sleep.
Thanks again for the help all you guys.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2005 11:00 PM Subject: RE: thanks!