Re: another CRY for HELP!

Original poster: Timjroche@xxxxxxx

Ed ,
i measured the caps w/ DMM w/ uF setting....the spark gap is a copper tube w/ 9 pieces set .020 apart, generally only using 4 -5 gaps for .08" - .1" gap..then i enclosed it and made "swiss cheese" of the case and stuck a vacuum motor on top to draw air over...vent holes exist on all sides of box (however where i set up has a wind tunnel effect and i very rarely use the motor when the Santa Ana's are blowing...I've measured 15-18 MPH constant wind through my garage...i have played w/coupling from 1.25" to .5" (secondary above 1st pri) with some but little affect...i think the bottle caps are the issue...does that make sense?? i need MMC?? but bottle caps have been used from day one 100+ yrs. ago!? i am setting up tonight...more data to come

thanx,
tim