RE: Heat & Rotary Gaps

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

You didn't say what kind of power supply you're using?  With my 15/60
NST, the rotating rod gets just moderately warm.  But I'm sure if one
were using a pole pig, that may be pushing one's luck.  You are using a
shield in case things go bad, right?  I couldn't comment on a subjective
"too hot to touch" without an actual measurement, but it is cause for
concern.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA