DRSSTC running pretty good!

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

I've been doing some more work on the DRSSTC with PLL driver and it's running really well now, with no primary-secondary flashovers in normal use, and no more unwanted glitches in the drive if I do provoke it into flashing over. It turned out these were caused by noise spikes triggering the undervoltage lockout.

The pic below is a 10 second exposure that shows it running on the dinner table at about 700w. (rough guess- not measured.) I don't know if it is the future of coiling, but it's the meanest tabletop coil I ever had! :o)

<http://www.scopeboy.com/tesla/drsstc/sparks/spark0611.jpg>http://www.scopeboy.com/tesla/drsstc/sparks/spark0611.jpg

The meter reads primary current and seems to be showing about 280A peak. The sparks are about 34" to the grounded target.

Steve Conner

<http://www.scopeboy.com/>http://www.scopeboy.com/