Re: VTTC Power Supply Fundamentals - What am I missing?

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 10/18/05 6:58:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Chris,

Your doubler circuit is too complex.  You need to use the simple
"level-shifter" type circuit shown in the schematic at my website.
What you want is an "AC" type doubler which permits the
staccato controller with some AC negative half cycle "off-time"
and lets the SCR shut off.  Note the capacitance value of the
caps I used at my schematic for the doubler and for the
small RF bypass cap downstream of that.

John

Original poster: "Chris Fanjoy" <zappyman@xxxxxxxxxxx>

   Seems I've run into some tough problems with my VTTC power supply.
I've been using a large MOT, with a simple voltage doubler like this:
                         |     |