Re: SIBNIIE

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Wow!!!!!!

yeah! i said approx. the same when i arrived there :-D
frankly speaking i said "@#$!!! @%%%$##!!! #%#@!!! great!" - you know
;-)))

> I can't get over how big everything is in that damn place, like the
> "House of 4800kV Of Fun"

its size is 36x42x35 m, rated voltage of two outer high-voltage
bushings is 1MV. inside there`re two more marx gens - 0.75MV and
4.8MV, but i had no time to take their pictures :-(
maybe next time :-D

> The Marx bank is amazing, I thought
> it looked pretty big to start with, then when I saw the ladders
> inside, and Dmitry's feet in the frame, I got a sense of the scale of
> it. It must be absolutely colossal.

it depends from what to compare with - we have here a particle
accelerator - the second or the third by size in europe, comparing
with it this marx is just a toy %-) but i can`t be allowed there even
without a camera, LOL :-)))

it`s a pity i didn`t manage to show the scale of those "tiny sgaps" -
they are very impressive indeed %-) as for the marx - it`s height is
28m, and the diameter can be estimated from the pictures.

> I always wondered what the big cylinder that houses the Marx is made
> of.

i was asking that question too, but i`ve forgot the answer already %-)
i`ll try to ask one more  time. its base is concrete - everything that
is lower the 1-st stage.