RE: ...another newbie question

Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>

I have the same problem with my 15/30 but the real problem is with the
Variac and a cure for that is to put a soft start on it. I do have a
question for the group , because this one has a fuse in it has any one
ever tried a thermister CL-60 in a Variac.

Rich
Subject: ...another newbie question

Original poster: otmaskin5@xxxxxxx

Thanks for all the advice on the hazards of indoor coil
operation.  After hearing from you guys, man am I glad I asked.

I've got another technical question if anyone would care to weigh
in.  My 4" coil is powered by a 15/60 NST.  It keeps blowing the 20
amp fuse in my variac.  I think this means the coil needs PFC.  I'm
pretty sure I know what kind of caps would be right, but I'm having
trouble determining the proper way (where & how) to hook them up.
Could one of you help me out this info?

Thanks.  Dennis Hopkinton MA