Re: Official air breakdown voltage?

Hi JT,

You are new to this field (I'm gathering from your previous posts), so you won't be able to phrase things correctly probably for a while. Commenting "not at all" is not the right path either. I would suggest, instead, to ask questions, respect the time that people take in trying to answer them, and be more flexable and open minded in what they are trying to say. There are a lot of professional people in this group that know a lot more than I do and I repect their opinions. Many have Ph.D's and specialize in this field. They do know what they are talking about and we all can learn from them. Even at that, there is probably no one in this group that hasn't made a hasty statement that turned out incorrrect. The more understanding we are toward each other, the better the learning experience and more useful the forum will be.

Gerry R.

Original poster: "JT Bowles" <jasotb@xxxxxxxxxxx>

You are right. I need to either phrase things correctly, or not comment at all.

And, i think i accidentally said the "AC requires much more power to generate sparks" in reverse.

Even I am confused now at what I have typed. I'll assume you are all correct. :P