NST Heat

Original poster: Drbillpmt@xxxxxxx
Hi all,

I've noticed several requests for information regarding the heating of NST's. We use Several different NST's in our manufacturing operations as power sources. Some of the units run for hours at a time.

Typically, a 15 KV, 30 Ma NST will heat to about 130/140 degrees F after long use. We have never had a failure for any reason. The three manufacturers unit we use are France, Transco, and Actown. Our preference for quality is France.

By the way, we still have a 15KV, 120 Ma Transco unit that is made for Cold Cathode use. (Non current limited) for sale if anyone is interested. This is about 60 Pounds of transformer and has never been used.It cost around $275.00 when we purchased it.

Dr. Bill