Re: Understanding Maxwell losses?

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Jeremiah

1st: You can not evaluate ""the" maxwell cap",
there are many types, more or less suitable for
coiling use. What type/part no. do you have?

2nd: a 400mA transformer should be able to
handle 60 or 70nF without problems, thogh
I miss the voltage you want to charge it to,
but I assume its in the 5 to 30kV range.

are you sure both caps are in fully working
condition? Maybe with some more specs we
can find out what is going on there.

3rd.: What do you mean by "can't handle it"
won't it charge to full voltage? does it heat up?
hum? smell? underperform?

Please help me to help you and give some more
specs of the involved components and problems
you observed.

best regards

Christoph Bohr