RE: Understanding Maxwell losses?

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

Maxwell is (actually was) a company that made a wide variety of
capacitors for many different applications, and not every type is
suitable for Tesla coils.  Even though a cap may have been recommended
for "pulse duty", that may only be at 1 pps.  In other words, all
Maxwell's are not created equally.  If you're buying one, particularly
on eBay, note the model or series number and check the archives on
Pupman.com to see if it's suitable, or you may have the nicest doorstop
on the block.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA