Re: Tesla Receiver Coil ..........success?

Original poster: "Gary Peterson" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ed,

Thanks for the update. Any recommendations regarding substitutes for the four Siliconix VN66AF FETs or the VMP-1 would be appreciated. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm planning two Part-15 compliant 1750 meter beacon transmitters. One will have a Marconi antenna with an insulated counterpoise and the other will be a well-grounded Tesla coil with the exact proportions of the oscillator shown in U.S. Patent No. 1,119,732, "Apparatus for Transmitting Electrical Energy" (see http://www.tfcbooks.com/patents/tower.htm). Both transmitters will have nearly identical driver circuits operating on the same frequency at the bottom of the 160-190 kHz experimenter's band. In both cases the receiving end will be essentially identical to the launching structure of corresponding transmitter.

Gary

Gary:

It's been a while but I finally got a chance to copy the VLF stuff; sorry it took so long. Hope it's at least of some interest to you.
It may be a few days before I get to the post office but I'll let you know when it's mailed.

Ed