30 KW and 5 KW Dual Volt 230/460 3 phase Florida induction heaters available.

Original poster: "Mike" <mikev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi List,
              Just got a call on machines we don't want to buy, heads up to
anybody and Jason from California.
Tube type induction heater, 9 KV DC on the plate of the 30 Kilowatt output
machine, is a Westinghouse with 6426 Osc tube (water cooled).
Typical is the KVA of the plate transformer is raeted at twice the outpur so
figure ~ 50 KVA.
Desirable points to a Tesla coil builder are that this 30 KW uses secondary
saturable reactor control so you do not need to make a ballast. The
saturables are DC controlled via a small SCR power supply and as they are on
the high voltage side, the currents are a lot smaller. As the current is
limited on the secondary, you do not have runaway of the primary.
Most saturable controlled reactor machines are done on the primary but
Westinghouse did a couple of things different.
Another thing Westinghouse did different is that the plate transformer
sections most often were placed in a common mounting frame, however each
phase had it's own core, primary and secondary connections as a section. If
you lost one phase, it could be removed and another replaced, then the inter
connections were re-done and you were back online.
This means that you can connect them up as all parallel single phase 230
/460 or 3 phase dual voltage.
There are two machines available, one 30 KW and one 5 KW.
As I understand it, the 30 KW set up to run both 450 Khz and 4.0 Mhz. That
would be dual RF chokes one would switch the B plus between.
There are a few other goodies that go with this package.
The equipment is located in Port Orange, Florida. I think that is near
Daytona Beach.
There is also a 5 kilowatt induction heater as part of the package.
I think it was Jason in California had a 15 Kw truck mounted generator 3
phase was looking for a west coast
3 phase HV transformer but he may not want to ship it from Florida.
I was told these were working units.
The person wants the room, thus he is selling the machines.
He wants for the whole package $900.00 and you send in the trucker and pay
the shipping. He will take 900 or reasonable offer. Has loading dock and can
ship.
When I ran this by my GM and he was not interested, I called the guy and
told him we were not in play but I knew of some people that might be from
this list.
I was told OK to post this so anybody wanting this power equipment, can call
direct to Florida.
Phone number is 386-761-4474 company name is Jenzano, Inc and ask for John
Jenzano SR at extension
105. He knows this is being posted in a Tesla coil list.
The 6426 tube is worth a few hunderd in itself, would make a great switch
instead of a SG.
Just passing on a chance of a nice deal if anybody is interested.
Would make a great TC power supply.
Mike