Re: Magnetic Rectifier

Original poster: Harvey Norris <harvich@xxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: <davep@xxxxxxxx>
>

>  > I'm glad you came to Tesla's defense on the
> Magnetic Rectifier! I  have
>  > asked one of the fields experts at my university
> about that
>  > patent in specific. (No.413,353 Method for
> Obtaining Direct from
>  > Alternating Currents) He was sure that a net DC
> wave would result.
>    At what efficiency?
>
>  > I plan on putting together a proof of concept
> experiment very soon. I
>  > think this would be a great way of getting High
> Voltage High Power DC
>  > to a Tesla Coil System.
>
>  > Let the naysayers nay, for history will surely
> educate them.
>    Sometimes the naysayers are right.
Dont keep up with the list much anymore, but this was
a recurrent theme of mine. It didnt seem to work as
planned but it was a thought. It had to do with sizing
up components to large sizings, and using a strategy
of fairly low frequency inputs rather then the typical
high frequency strategy involved with arc gap schemes
that tesla coil enthusiasts use, but the thought still
seems worthwhile from the results that seemed to
express themselves as experimentalism.

Source Frequency Series Resonance, (without arc gap
high frequency effects) is a rather simple matter af
large sizing of components, and to see what could
happen if large components are juxtaposed inside each
other. A large sized coil at relatively low driven AC
frequencies fron an alternator, ~ 500 hz can have that
electric field that oscillates with the energy storage
mechanism placed inside the coil itself. To do this a
sufficiently large capacity to resonate with the coil
must be also chosen with a relatively large capacity
to resonate with said coil; this was a water capacity
dielectric isolated platewise by a poly barrier water
vessel, (Wall mart water pitcher) using exterior
aluminum foil and inner immersed copper tube electric
connections. This was then a relatively large spaced
axial electric field using insulated barriers using
water as the dielectric barrier placed inside the coil
itself to be resonated. Because the electric and
magnetic fields from each  series resonant field
influence were at right angles; it was possible to see
the influence of that (spatial resonant) field
interaction by setting a set of oscilloscope steel
plates inside the water solution; which predictably
showed twice the frequency from the AC lorentz fore
interaction, but the aparatus was flawed by several
aspects in that the plates themselves were steel; thus
the majority of magnetic flux  missed the portion of
potential interaction between electric and magnetic
fields in self interaction simply because that
magnetic field density probably went through the set
of steel plates instead of interacting with the
electric field of its own original oscillation. The
next problem to be explored was one of phasing
bewtween the resonances themselves. Because the
alternator itself incorporated the possibility of
supplying off-phased inputs/ namely 120 degreed
phasings; this meant that one phase could be made to
have a predominant full magnetic field; while the
other phase in resonant oscillation (using two
coils)could have a predominantly full electric field.
One then merely had to put the electric field
manifestation from one phase orthoganally inside the
counterpart phases magnetic field to secure the same
Lorentz field interaction, and to the same thing vice
versa with the counterpart field reactions with a
better result, which was the fact that if each field
could be manipulated to instead act as 90 degree
angles; the simultaneous changing of each orthogonal
field inside each others space would mean the lorentz
reaction would be a pulsed DC effect; thus meaning it
was a  magnetic/electric  spatial field reaction
itself producing DC on the third angle without the use
of diodes to accomplish the rectification. However a
simple theory seldom delivers a simple result. It was
seen that the changing electric field orthogonally
existing simultaneously within a changing magnetic
field itself alters the  initial conditions of
reactance whereby the entire scheme that was tuned to
by virtue of reactance measurements for resonance;
therefore demanded a change of capacity for the
appearance of the said resonance, which altered the
size of the inserted orthogonal water capacity that
needed to be used for the sought after effect; which
again altered the parameters of the coil set for
resonance ect down the line.... with the net effect or
result that it resembled a dog chasing its own tail to
achieve the desired objective....

HDN