Magnetic Rectifier

Original poster: Mark Barlow <barlow_tesla_lst@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello Bert,

I'm glad you came to Tesla's defense on the Magnetic Rectifier! I have asked one of the fields experts at my university about that patent in specific. (No.413,353 Method for Obtaining Direct from Alternating Currents) He was sure that a net DC wave would result. I plan on putting together a proof of concept experiment very soon. I think this would be a great way of getting High Voltage High Power DC to a Tesla Coil System.

Let the naysayers nay, for history will surely educate them.

Mark Barlow

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: Bert Pool

Ed said:

>All I've seen is his "magnetic rectifier", which couldn't work; he >must never have built one. > >Ed

You sound might confident that it would not work. My experience has
been that Tesla's designs worked almost without exception.

This rectifier design was for use with DC motor driven trams, as I
recall, and the motors did not require "pure" DC to operate. I've
studied the rectifier design, and I expect the output would have been
predominantly DC with a rather large AC component riding on top. The
rectifier would have been virtually impossible to blow, unlike the
selenium and vacuum tube types back in the early days.

Indeed, I would think that there would be an interest in this group
for a rectifier that could supply enough power to r un multi-kilowatt
loads and be practically indestructible. The neodymium magnets we
have today are far, far superior to those early weak alnico magnets
and would be perfect for this application.

Any of you DRRSTC people out there interested in a DC power source
that practically can't be destroyed? This might be it.

I'd like to see you or someone else on this list build a test unit
true to the patent example and prove it does not work. As for me,
I'm betting my money on Tesla.

Bert Pool