Re: Thinking About A Geiger Counter

Original poster: "Mike Knowlton" <amdx@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Sparks created in a lab give off X-rays, scientists announced Monday.
X-rays are a byproduct of high-energy electron discharges in the Sun, in
exploding stars, and even in lightning. Many scientists did not expect
sparks alone to do the trick.

http://livescience.com/forcesofnature/051031_xray_sparks.html

                                                     Mike K.