DC Charge inductor.

Hello all,

I am going to build an 18 to 40 Henry choke (mutil-taped) DC charge inductor
<continued discussions>. The IE frame is on its way from Alabama. In its
present form it is a 120v to 480v with mongo copper on it. The silicon iron
frame is 12" wide, 4 3/4 '  deep and 9.5 inches high. AT this point we can
only speculate on the core geometry and winding window, but it should be
more than enough for the project at hand. I will need a lot of suggestions
as this develops.

I have studied multi posts on sites on this subject, enough to know I will
need some hand holding and good old experience with such as dialectric
tapes, inductance gap, and  ideal awg wire. I plan to submerge  it mineral
oil. My wife brought home the perfect see through box with handles :-^))

This will be powered by a 5kva 14.4 KVA pig voltage controlled by a 1256D
variac, hefty FW diode bridge, 4uf 14KV Maxwell filter caps (2 2's)  ( HV
bleeder of course) a 76KV D-que diode string .

Coil spec : 22awg termaleze 8" dia 2" arc space, coated. .038uf CD and .045
CD MMC  dc motor rotor gap <>500BPS. II'' (12 overall) g10 disc, 12 1/8"
pure tungsten electrodes.

Your input on this will be much appreciated as this is new stuff to me.

Jim Mora
Ojai, ca.