First Light HELP

Original poster: Teslamad@xxxxxxx

The Nemesis to Richard Hulls old coil "Nemesis" is finally up and running last night for the first time. The results weren't very breath taking when you compare the actual output last night (8ft) to the theoretical output (12ft). Of course there will always be design flaws but one problem (at least I think it possibly is)... The main power cables from the distribution trany to the coil hiss in a wave form type pattern if you know what I mean. You can hear what sounds like constructive and destructive interference in the sound. Is this a phasing issue? If so, suggestions to resolve it? Phase correction caps maybe? Who knows! Also, any ideas how to prevent streamers from striking the strike rail? I know it is doing its job, but sometimes I feel it takes away the true power of the coil because its always arcing there.

Thanks,
~Drew