Re: Need a Variac

Original poster: Fucian@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 5/13/2005 2:03:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi Matt,

I have a 0-140VAC 15amp variac (actually two) in very good condition.

I want $30 each plus shipping.  I can send pictures and such if you
want.  Shipping is probably another $10+

Not sure if that is too much or not.  But that is the price they are going
for these days.

I think you mentioned it was for a DRSSTC.  Normally, DRSSTCs do not use
variacs, so are you sure you need it??

Cheers,

        Terry

At 08:45 PM 5/12/2005, you wrote:
>I would require a relatively small one. 0-140vac and at least 7.5amps...
>
>Thanks,
>Matt

PS- yea, most drsstc's dont use them, but i really value the ability to control things :-))))

Also, i like to run tesla coils at low power for testing, and have the added ability to jump up to high power when i need to. Plus, 0-140vac instead of 110vac gives me a bit more to "push" with when i use a voltage doubler ;-)

Matt