Re: Need a Variac

Original poster: Skip Malley <skip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Matt,
try
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7515711222&fromMakeTrack=true

There are many variacs available on Ebay. Try often. Don't forget to also type in POWERSTAT. That is another name for the same thing.

Skip

At 04:44 PM 5/12/2005, you wrote:
Original poster: Fucian@xxxxxxx
Hello all,
I am in need of a variac capable of around 10 amps...Ebay is no help as people just arent selling variacs at decent prices anymore...Ive seen 2amp ones in bad condition go for 30$...Thats just isnt right. I got my 4.5amp for 13$ brand new...Also got a used 10amp for 20$...Maybe these were just lucky hits, but it now seems the same people just keep buying them all up for whatever the seller lists them at.

Does any here have any used ones for a decent price?Or, could tell me if, and by ho wmuch, a variac can safely be overdriven?

I have jsut a 4.5amp and need to drive a drsstc of decent size...

Matt