RE: Current Limiting and Impedance, DC Resonant Charging

Hi Mark, Group,

I have been enjoying the thread on inductance but much of the magnetics
stuff is out of my league.

Yes, that was a typo, piggy wise: 8-10KVA and since I will be running up to
MAYBE 15KVDC, the charge inductor will need, along with the Tcoil which is a
completely another issue and the fodder of posts to come, to endure 30KV at
up to 500BPS. If I did the math correctly consistent with Richie Burnett's
excellent site: 8000max = 23 Henries and a .035 uf MMC, 10,000max = 18
Henries and a .044 uF MMC.

Perhaps, a setup such as this with a 14.4KV pig is pure folly but maybe not,
that's part of the fun. I'll have lots of stuff, hopefully not all charred
to donate back to the group in the future :-)

I have been warned to expect some serious trailing power arcs in the rotary
at less than 150 bps. Could this be do to previous core saturations? My goal
would be to run down to 100bps and chart the results up to 500bps as Burnett
has outlined in theory but I will be doing at a 50% higher voltage.

What ever I end up with: either gapped series/parallel MOT's or a design
offered as you suggest. I plan to put the Charge Inductor in clear PVC or an
acrylic fish tank and mineral oil. All suggestions much welcomed. Thanks
again.

Jim Mora
Ojai, Ca.