good scopes for coiling

Original poster: "keith" <keith.cc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I?m looking to buy a scope and/or frequency generator for coiling and general use, but I don?t really have any idea about manufacturers/models etc ? what are some good ones to look for? I?ve read that the older tube scopes are better than modern solid state ones for the stressful environments generally encountered in high voltage work, and given that I?m still new to coiling/hv devices, something that has a good chance of surviving a few careless errors/poorly designed experiments would be good. Relatively low cost would also be nice. Thanks.

Keith C