Re: Safety Gaps For Terry Filter

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

If you put the safety gap on the oscillator side, essentially it is directly
parallel the main tank spark gap and really has not much effect --- it also
fires more often.

Best place to put it is next to xmfr bushing so the RF has been quenched by
the varisters and resistors before it hits the spark gap.  It's like the
last door of opportunity to go to ground before it hits the xmfr windings.

Dr. Resonance