Re: Current Limiting and Impedence

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Paul,
          Whatever rods you purchase for the core, they have to have
a very small x-sectional area. They should also not retain much if
any magnetism after being de-energized (check with a magnet) or they
will have large hysteresis losses resulting in lots of heating.
Silicon steel such as used in transformer cores is preferred if you
can get them.

Malcolm