Worried About Running My TC

Original poster: "Daniel Koll" <dk_spl_audio@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I am close to finishing my TC. Gregory Hunter helped me design it (this is my first one) The Schematic can be seen here...
http://tinypic.com/514qwk
I am worried about running it though. I am in college and still live at home. My parents would be very upset if it messed anything up. I have a 25A EMI filter that I will hook up backwards. I am a little unclear on my main gap and safety gaps. I have done a lot of research and am still not sure what to do. I know that a bad measured gap can mean death to your NST. I really don't want that seeing as how it took me about 6 months and $45 to get mine. I was going to use solid heavy brass knobs for my main gap and 1/4" x 1 1/4" brass shelf pins for my safety gaps. I have a 8ft 5/8" grounding rod, I also constructed a strike rail. My MMC caps are the same as the Dr. Resonance sells (Cornell Dubilier). Anything I should do to be extra safe and protected? Thanks