Re: 2533 turn secondary

Original poster: "Gerald  Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Mike,

R will go up linearly with the number of turns (N). If you ignore the top load capacitance and assume the coil is fully coupled, L would go up with N^2 and C would go up with N. So sqrt (L/C) would go up with sqrt N. Current profiles also reduce L from the N^2 relationship.

Gerry R

Original poster: "Mike Knowlton" <amdx@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Well, I think I'm convinced to use larger
wire and drop back to about 1500 turns.

But some further questions;

Per your formula   {R < 2*SQRT(L/C)}
Off the top of my head wouldn't
2*SQRT(LC) go up faster than R losses?
Making a larger inductance coil ring longer.

Assuming the top of my head is wrong ;-) would a 2500 turn (higher voltage coil) work better feeding into a magnifier coil? Mike