Re: Beading caught on film.

Original poster: stork <stork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Terry,

This phenomenon is so common it's trivial.

All five of my coils burned so I'm out for about 8 months.

I cannot check it due to lack of a TC, but I predict these beads can be fairly easily reproduced. The key is back ground light has to be fairly bright to photographically wash out the majority of the ordinary sparks. Just the opposite of what we ordinarily want. Photograph tangentially to the coil. For multiple beads you might try a tube coil where there are a lot of tight spiral arcs.

stork

Hi Stork,
So you think it is part of the arc that is streaming directly into the camera lens direction....
Might be the case in my picture. But Mike's picture seems like he had such a large number of them...
Hard to say... But your explanation probably accounts for most of these "fireballs in pictures" for sure!!
Being able to consistently reproduce them is the key...
BTW - Hope your house fire thing is going well.
Cheers,
Terry