Oriental motor

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello everyone.

I want to build another small SRSG.
I have a small oriental motor, just like the one
Terry Blake used in his 12BPS gap.
http://www.tb3.com/tesla/sparkgaps/1800srsg/1800srsg.html
I just have the 220V version as far as I can see.
I made a small 11cm disk with 4 spinning electrodes
traveling on a 9cm diameter.
I attached a white strip to the disk an checked for
sync operation but the only flourescent light I have is
a streetlamp in front of my window... just too weak.
TV seems not to be too stable to be used and computer
monitor just won't accept 50 or 100Hz as rep frequency.

However, my impression was, that the motor locks into
different positions each time I turn it on. Looks to me
as if there are 8 possible positions, but this might be
a wrong ebservation due to the very limited light...

Or am I messing things up? I think there might be several
possible positions in which the electrodes would still align
properly....
Maybe someone can help here...

Thanks in advance

Christoph Bohr