[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Wireless transmission of power,
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: RE: Wireless transmission of power,
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:28:19 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Old-return-path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:32:38 -0700 (MST)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <hF48ZD.A.EtG.VOhOCB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: "David Thomson" <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> This may be beside the point, but how the HECK do you build a
> secondary to resonate at 8 Hertz? What size topload? Please
> give details beyond "I hacked my secondary in half..."
As I mentioned, this is a combination flat spiral, tall solenoid
secondary. The flat spiral is wound with 24 gage, 1:4 ratio flat
magnet wire to 13" diameter. The tall solenoid is 31 gage round
magnet wire wound 6 feet on a 2" PVC pipe. The tall solenoid will be
jacketed (like my previous coil) and oil filled to prevent arcing.
The topload will be just a few pF, probably a 3", 4" or 6" sphere.