[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Was Terry's DRSSTC - First light ;-)) - now BIG sparks!
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Was Terry's DRSSTC - First light ;-)) - now BIG sparks!
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 07:29:24 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Old-return-path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 07:36:17 -0700 (MST)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <AMv2xC.A.-kC.ZXZOCB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>
Try McMaster-Carr in Chicago. They carry nylon fasteners.
> I went to Lowe's to purchase some #6 nylon screws in order to duplicate
> your primary mounting. They want $0.56 for 2 screws and $0.58 for 4
> Counting the screws you used and multiplying their prices out comes to a
> small fortune just for the screws and nuts. In fact, it is way more than I
> paid for 50 ft. of 1/4 inch copper tubing. Do you know of a source for
> expensive nylon hardware? Thanks.
> Paul Brodie
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Tesla list" <<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
> To: <<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 10:07 AM
> Subject: Re: Was Terry's DRSSTC - First light ;-)) - now BIG sparks!
> > Original poster: Terry Fritz
> > Hi Greg,
> > They are #6 nylon screws.
> > Cheers,
> > Terry
> > At 06:31 AM 3/16/2005, you wrote:
> >> > >Original poster: Terry Fritz
> >> > >
> >> > >>I presume you are using some type of grounded
> >> > strike rail?
> >> > >
> >> > >Yes. I put on a nice new rail "since" I blew the
> >> > last IGBTs:
> >> > >http://drsstc.com/~terrell/pictures/StrikeRail.JPG
> >> > >But ya know how sparks sometimes just don't
> >> > behave...
> >> >
> >>Hey Terry, how's that primary coil bound to the base
> >>plate? Are those push tacks or what? Little insulators
> >>of some sort? Very neat looking whatever they are.
> >>Gregory R. Hunter