[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Need Help With School Project
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Need Help With School Project
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 09:52:31 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Old-return-path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 09:54:16 -0700 (MST)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <p0XO3.A.LLF.16xMCB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I think that a 12KV 60ma NST will be too much for a 3.25 in dia coil.
got 30 inch streamers off of a 12KV 30ma source with a 3.5x18 coil using
inch dryer duct for the toroid. Your variac will be just fine.
I'm using one with a 3-3/16" x 15" secondary and no problem at all.
Get about the same streamers as you, but they're limited by breakdown to
nearby objects. This coil runs about 400 watts input - what does yours